
Title: Fantasy Knights
Author: Marilyn Lee
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59632-795-5
Genre: BBW Paranormal Capture
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
Devoni Mitchell was optimistic that she had finally met “the one”. The thirty-nine year old editor is comfortable with her BBW body and refuses to change for anyone. Her most recent rejection stung and had Devoni wishing on a star for a man who could appreciate her inner, and outer, beauty.
Flame was ecstatic to receive Devoni’s call and is more than willing to supply the answer to her hopes and dreams. Their first night is hot enough to torch the sky, and their passion takes them on a ride Devoni’s not completely ready for. With so many truths that need to be revealed, Flame may lose his mate if he’s not careful.
Marilyn Lee brings the desires for a committed relationship and insatiable lust for sex to us in Fantasy Knights. Devoni is a strong woman, and I enjoyed watching her voice her desires without apology. Flame wants a reason to live again, and recognizes Devoni as the source. He refuses to allow anything or anyone to stand in his way. The story, in my opinion, focused too much on sex and not enough on the development of the plot. The characters seemed so intent on finding that next orgasm, and not exploring the true ramifications of their unique relationship. While I enjoyed reading the story, I know this is not Marilyn’s best work, and I’m hoping the next story will capture more of the author I came to love when I first started to read erotica.
Author: Marilyn Lee
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59632-795-5
Genre: BBW Paranormal Capture
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
Devoni Mitchell was optimistic that she had finally met “the one”. The thirty-nine year old editor is comfortable with her BBW body and refuses to change for anyone. Her most recent rejection stung and had Devoni wishing on a star for a man who could appreciate her inner, and outer, beauty.
Flame was ecstatic to receive Devoni’s call and is more than willing to supply the answer to her hopes and dreams. Their first night is hot enough to torch the sky, and their passion takes them on a ride Devoni’s not completely ready for. With so many truths that need to be revealed, Flame may lose his mate if he’s not careful.
Marilyn Lee brings the desires for a committed relationship and insatiable lust for sex to us in Fantasy Knights. Devoni is a strong woman, and I enjoyed watching her voice her desires without apology. Flame wants a reason to live again, and recognizes Devoni as the source. He refuses to allow anything or anyone to stand in his way. The story, in my opinion, focused too much on sex and not enough on the development of the plot. The characters seemed so intent on finding that next orgasm, and not exploring the true ramifications of their unique relationship. While I enjoyed reading the story, I know this is not Marilyn’s best work, and I’m hoping the next story will capture more of the author I came to love when I first started to read erotica.
2 comments:
Honstely, I'm becomeing turned off by reviewers who read erotic romances and then complain about how much sex there is.
If you want more plot and less sex, review a non erotic romance. It's called eoritc romance for a reason and some of us like the number of sex scenes she uses or we wouldn't continue to buy her books.
Helen
Couldn't agree more, Helen. Some of us who read erotic romance, enjoy the high volumn of sex. And I thought Fantasy Knights had plenty of character development.
We learned who Voni was, her hopes, dreams, and fears. We saw and felt her disappointment when her blind date didn't work out and we learned she had a little bit of superpition in her. We even learned about her grandmother teaching her what she thought was a meaningless jingle.
We learned of Flame's past and why he was so driven he had to have Voni. We felt his pain when he talked of his lost love and of his struggles as he wanted for Voni to come of age. We learned the orgins of his kind and what they use to be and how they evolved into what they are today.
I'm only touching the surface of what I learned reading Fantasy Knights, but felt I couldn't let this review go unchallenged. How can a book that tells us that much said to be lacking in characterization?
Like you I'm becoming disillusioned with reviewers who can't see past their own narrow mindset. If too much sex is a turn off, there's always sweet romances where there's no sex to get in the way of Characteriszation.
Post a Comment