Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Gallery On Main Street


Title: The Gallery On Main Street
Author: Christiane France
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/
ISBN: 978-1-60272-419-8
Genre: Gay, Contemporary
Nymph Rating: 2 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph


Since the death of his uncle, Martyn Cole has been thinking of a way to stop the job carousel he has been on. Knowing he will be left half of his uncle’s antique business, Martyn plans on selling it and using the money to start a small business. Unfortunately, things do not go as he plans. Simon Deschamps owns the other half of The Gallery, and is the reason Martyn’s plans have gone to hell. Following advice from Simon, Uncle Jack has rewritten his will forcing Martyn to decide if he wants to keep his inheritance and work at The Gallery or see everything go to charity.

Christiane France’s The Gallery on Main Street deals with the death of a relative and the building of a relationship. While I found the book to be readable I also felt a little short changed. The story covers a short episode in the lives of Martyn and Simon and while this is not an unusual concept I feel as though the characters are not given the time to build any real chemistry between them. The men already know each other and have a history of sorts when the story starts which left me feeling as if I stepped into the story in the middle.

No comments: