Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks


Title: The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks
Author: Josh Lanyon
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.net/
ISBN: 978-1-59632-810-5
Genre: LGBT Romantic Suspense
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Perry, a shy young librarian, thinks he has met the love of his life on-line. Going to California to met his love turns into a disaster and Perry returns home. The dead body he finds in his bathroom surprises him and when he goes for help, he is even more surprised to find the body has disappeared. Nick is a former Navy SEAL currently living in the same boarding house as Perry. Already dealing with a bad day, the last thing he has time for is some kid claiming to have seen a dead body. While no one, including the police, believes Perry in the beginning, the two men soon find themselves tracking down clues that will not only solve this mystery but also one from the past.

I loved Josh Lanyon’s The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks. The characters are great. The lead characters are perfectly matched for each other, complementing each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, while the secondary characters read like a list from some pulp fiction book, the mystery grabs you. I spent the whole time thinking I knew ‘who done it’ only to change my mind a few minutes later. Of course, since I picked every character at least once I turned out to be right. This is a must read for any mystery lover.

No comments: